Tuesday, June 14, 2011

already but not yet

Tired. I'm so very, very tired. But I made it to Oklahoma in good time today, and got to the Walker's beautiful home in no time. I know I will be spending some time at the dollar tree and walmart that are right next to the house! I got my stuff unpacked and then went to a dinner meeting with the IEW staff and met my afellow intern, who is quite enchanting. I learned a little more about all the things I will get to learn and do, and I hope I can keep up! It will be an interesting transition for me. It's very flat here, but Julie said this is a really hilly area of OK.  Tulsa has one of the tallest bridges and it's smaller than the on-ramp for the 5 fwy in Orange. Lots of trees and grass though! I'm not allowing myself to frolic through the grass though, since I got a very interesting and frightening lesson and chiggers today. None of that thank you... none of that. My little room is cute and bright and I will try to take pictures with my new laptop (greeny) and put them up on facebook.

I miss everyone back home already, but I feel a peace that passes understanding as I try this new thing and explore that world a little more on my own.
All my love to anyone reading

signing out for now

~Tribs

PS. thought today about how much my dog would have HATED the plane ride over here, and had a small amount of happiness that she stayed behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment